Located 20 miles from Las Vegas towards Hoover Dam, Boulder City exudes charming small-town vibes because of its small population and gambling prohibition laws. It’s the striking opposite of Las Vegas City, and anyone looking to live away from the busy metropolis will have a great time choosing from the numerous homes, condos, and townhomes for sale in Boulder City.
Boulder City was established in 1931 to serve as home to workers building the Hoover Dam. It evolved over time to become one of the most desirable cities to live in Nevada; it even ranked 6th in Money Magazine’s list of the 25 best places to retire in the USA.
Homes, Condos, and Townhomes for Sale in Boulder City
Boulder City is one of the only two cities in the state to implement no gaming laws, the other being Panaca. The absence of casinos and other gambling establishments made Boulder City a tempting option for those who want to escape the busy Las Vegas lifestyle while staying within a short driving distance of Sin City.
Millions visiting the Hoover Dam pass by Boulder City each year, and some of these visitors are so charmed by the small, pleasant city’s nice location that they decide to stay. The demand for accommodation eventually gave rise to amazing housing options that range from single-family homes and upscale townhomes to modern condominium units.
Recreation in Boulder City
What Boulder City lacks in gaming and entertainment, it more than makes up for with miles of biking and hiking trails and tons of recreational facilities. There are two golf courses, a city pool, athletic fields, lit tennis courts, a racquetball complex, and a BMX bicycle track. The nearby Colorado River and Lake Mead offer opportunities for water sports, and the Hoover Dam is always a sight to behold.
Why Choose to Live in Boulder City?
Though it isn’t as famous or upscale as Las Vegas City, residents of Boulder City enjoy a number of attractive benefits not often found in other cities. Here are some of them:
- A small and quiet community. Boulder City’s quiet and charming atmosphere offers a pleasant escape from the hustle and bustle of other cities. It’s still near Las Vegas and Henderson, though, where residents often go for dining and shopping.
- Affordable housing. Housing rates in Boulder City are much lower than those in other cities in the valley. The average home price is $197,900, while the average rent for a 1-bedroom unit is $921.
- Low crime rate. The overall crime rate in Boulder City is 59% lower than the national average and 64% lower than Nevada’s average crime rate.
- Good quality of life. Aside from the numerous amazing facilities and the location being immersed in nature, residents in Boulder City also get to enjoy quality medical care, lower tax rates, lower cost of living, and good employment opportunities.
- Rich history. Boulder City played a key role in developing the famous Las Vegas to what it is now.
- Sunny weather all year. Like Las Vegas, Boulder City has a hot desert climate, so residents get plenty of sun for the whole year. It’s a great destination for people who need exposure to sunshine and warmth for health reasons, and for those who simply prefer sunny days.
Don’t hesitate to call us for additional information on properties for sale in Boulder City. Las Vegas Real Estate (LVRE) is a trusted and leading real estate company in the Las Vegas Valley, and you can count on any of our real estate agents to assist you in assessing and purchasing your dream home in Boulder City.